Sunday, October 20, 2019

Post Lemtrada Day 1 - Rabbit Holes & Germs

Post Lemtrada Day 1

October 20, 2019

Last night my husband started sniffling...he slept in the guest room. 😷😢

This morning I woke up in an odd place of "what now" and semi-self-quarantine.  Contrary to popular belief, I am not a germaphobe; I am germ-conscious. 😏 When the kids were born, I started washing my hands more and carrying hand sanitizer to keep them healthy.  They are teenagers now and it's a habit plus it's a healthy practice.  Now, I feel like I am walking that fine line between cautious and obsessive.  It is very possible my daughter and husband are having allergy attacks.  Our weather, temperature and pressure has been very up and down this week.  My nose has been running a bit this week too; it's possible and it's not like my defenses just disappeared overnight...but...I need to be cautious.  And actually, unless your partner can sleep through a hurricane, they might be more comfortable in another room anyway.  The last two nights I've been up every other hour to go to the bathroom and I am sweating all night.  I am not the most pleasant person to sleep next to right now. 

So...here I am, in this odd place...figuring out my new routine/normal.  Today, I started taking my daily antibiotic (Sulfameth/Trimeth 400-80mg) and a weekly anti-yeast (Fluconazole 150 mg).  I also started a pro-biotic.  Plus I have to continue for at least 30 days all the antihistamines and antacid and will continue the Valcyclovir.  I already have 'pill box' on the shopping list. 😆

I am also trying not to fall down rabbit holes and over think things.  That's another fine line...they tell you not to ignore small things that might become bigger but then you sit and think "did I just feel a pain? is a headache starting?". Or over thinking about what you are eating, "did I heat that up enough?".   It is also not helping that I am sitting in my room avoiding a shared breathing zone with my family!

Two things that are going on that I am going to call the doctor's office about.  My throat is a little sore; I think it's just some drainage from the weather but I want to mention it and also I do have some red spots on my chest.  I got a little too much sun somehow the week before last and my chest has been a little red so I am not sure that's new either but again; I just want to mention it.  

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good.  I didn't sleep great because of all the bathroom trips but I did sleep and I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.  I am not feeling exhausted but also not very energetic; I just took it easy today.  I did want to sit outside and get some fresh air but melanoma is a possible concern and I have skin cancer in my family so I am not going to push that.  I did go out for a little while after the sun started setting but the mosquitoes quickly found me.  I spent most of the day catching up on things I could do from the computer and listening to an ebook.  I also made sure that I drank plenty of water today; about 70 ounces (total fluids).

Sorry...tangent...I've been listening to the Mr. Rogers autobiography and I highly recommend it.  I saw the movie over the summer which doesn't have nearly the detail of course.  It's really interesting, he studied with people in the late 50s/early 60s who were on the cutting edge of early childhood development and learning...it's really remarkable that he put so much 'science' into his show.

By now you may be thinking that there is "no way you are going to read months of some lady droning on about germs"....do not fear...because most likely I'll have lost interest in this blog by Tuesday anyway 😏 and very soon, probably even after today, I can't see myself posting more then once a week.  I have no idea what the official "rules" are for blog posting frequency but I think weekly would be more than enough.

And I guess that's a wrap for tonight.  I forgot to take melatonin tonight but I am feeling pretty sleepy so here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment