Thursday, March 4, 2021

One year, 4 months & 2 weeks - Covid Free & Fully Vaccinated

 One Year, Four Months plus Two Weeks - Post Lemtrada

March 4, 2021

Since my last post, the kids and I somehow managed not to catch covid from my husband; I got new blood work results; I've been on Vyvanse for four weeks; people in this State literally froze to death in their homes; the US hit 500,000 covid deaths; the governor of this State thought it was a good idea to lift the mask mandate before most people are even eligible for a vaccine; and I got my second covid vaccine shot.

I have no idea how the kids and I did not get covid.  The day my husband tested positive my sinuses were feeling a little dried out and weird.  I don't know how else to describe it.  I did my neti pot that morning.  After he tested positive, the kids and I were taking extra Vitamin C, Zinc, and some airborne.  I was also taking licorice root.  Even though I was sleeping upstairs, I wore a mask around the kids and used a separate bathroom.  I thought for sure I was going to come down with it; how could I not?  My sinuses started feeling better two days later and after another two days I was feeling a little more confident and not being quite as careful around the kids.  I am still shocked that we didn't get it...definitely, another bullet dodged.

I got the Vyvanse and for the first couple of days got pretty light headed within an hour of taking it.  I would say that it's helped my energy level some.  I am definitely a little speedier. 😉 I have a follow-up with the neurology nurse practitioner next week.

I wrote about the winter-apocalypse in a separate post.

The US did hit over 500,000 deaths.  It's just unbelievable to me and I am not sure many people let that hit them.  They are numb or don't care; I am not sure.  Half a million people in a year, just in this Country and people want to make wearing a mask a political issues.  It's very upsetting to me.

I got my second covid shot last week.  The City health department is behind and the winter storm pushed them another week behind.  It ended up being six weeks between my shots.  The last one didn't bother me except for a sore arm.  This one knocked me down for about 48 hours.  About seven hours after the shot, I got the chills. I don't remember ever having the chills that bad. I had three blankets on me and I was still shivering.  I was achy, my balance was off a bit, and I ran a low grade fever. That lasted for about twelve hours after that I was just fatigued as if I had been sick then after two days I felt fine.  Two days of not feeling great is worth the piece of mind.  I am tired of being scared of everyone.  On a related note, have you seen the flu case numbers this winter?  We are at about 1,500 cases for the whole country.  Compared to the 147,000 cases at this time last year.  I am wearing a mask every winter. 😷😊

My February blood work was normal. My lymphocytes were up a bit and my TSH was up slightly, only to 0.07 so not enough to excited about.  I did my March blood work today and my T3 & T4 were rechecked.  My follow-up with the endocrinologist is in two weeks.  I don't know how long a temporary thyroid issue can go on before it's not temporary anymore but I am losing hope.

That is all I have...take care and stay safe.

 

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Hi! This is Emma. You commented on my blog last year (I dont check it ever and just saw it today when I realized I had a backlog of pending comments) and wanted to catch up. I could email you but honestly I am not tech savvy at all and don’t know how to do that...

    I don’t know if my comments here provide you with my email- I hope it does.

    Good luck on your own journey!
    Em

    ReplyDelete