Saturday, October 12, 2019

Pre-Lemtrada day 5

October 12, 2019

Pre-Lemtrada day 5

October 12, 2019

Today is day 5 of taking my pre-Lemtrada steroids.  Yesterday, I was feeling a bit light-headed and 'out of it'.  I had a busy day but the previous two nights I didn't sleep well so that may have added to it.  I did verify yesterday morning that my Lemtrada was delivered to the Infusion Center that was a relief.  I also spent the day running around doing some errands; like picking up pet prescriptions and getting some Cranberry Concentrate that my doctor recommended to help keep away bladder infections.  He also recommended Vitamin C which I take daily anyway and also doing a tablespoon shot of Apple Cider Vinegar.  By the end of the day yesterday, I was pretty beat.

Last night, I didn't sleep great again. I tried to sleep-in this morning but didn't really.  I felt decent when I first got moving; I went and saw a show with my kids by the time we got home around 4:30, I was done for the night.  This evening I spent too much time on Twitter getting myself upset but also downloading some audio books from the library and writing here.  It was suggested by my One-to-One nurse that I spend the weekend resting and hydrating.  I am making a big effort to hydrate.  I am not usually good at drinking enough water typically so it's probably really important for me.  Plus I have little veins so the thought of having an IV for 40 hours this next week is making me nervous.  I spoke to someone from the Infusion Center briefly today and confirmed that it would be an IV not a port and they may send me home with it depending on how I am doing.  I can't imagine getting an IV placed five different places but coming home with one doesn't sound fun either.

I am feeling pretty prepared overall.  I think I am prepared with entertainment.  I have two ebooks, an audio book, some games and the Netflix app loaded on my iPad.  I also have music on my phone and I have people I can text.  I am planning to wear my super comfy yoga pants! 😁 Bring a sweat shirt, my Doctor Who blanket; Luna Bars; Gluten Free chocolate pretzels; water; some apple juice.  I think I should be good.  I won't be alone all day either.  My husband will be there although I don't want him to sit there all 8 hours but he can definitely bring me lunch!  Also, planning to use some meditation techniques and I will NOT be on Twitter!

Tomorrow morning is 48 hour prior to my first infusion day so I will be starting 3 other medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment