Monday, December 30, 2019

Weeks 9 & 10 - Two more weeks, Check

Weeks 9 & 10 - Post Lemtrada

December 29, 2019

These last two weeks were a combination of whizzing by and no motivation.  I stayed busy getting ready for Christmas, getting ready for more care giving activities, playing caregiver again and Christmas Day.  Our Christmas Day was nice and quiet though. 

I did get my blood results or at least most of them.  I did not get the Lymphocyte Subset so I don't know where my T & B cells are specifically but my total Lymphocytes actually went down a little bit.  It's pretty disappointing.  The only comment I got from my Neurology office was "blood results are within range".  I sent them a note asking if they were concerned at all that my Lymphocyte levels didn't go up at all, if they were still expecting my other blood results and what their suggestion is for my interaction with crowds but I haven't gotten a response back yet.  I sent a follow-up yesterday but nothing today either.  It is the holidays but like I said in my note to them, I can't hide away from the world forever.  I posted my results under Pages if anyone is interested.

My emotions have been a bit of a roller coaster the last two weeks.  The Lymphocyte levels are really disappointing.  I've been trying to not get down about it but it's really hard.  I keep telling myself it's only been two months but the doubts pop-up easily when you haven't seen anything positive to point at.  Then it starts feeling like everything else that you've tried (just another dart).  On Saturday, I was getting really anxious about my to-do list (this blog being a week behind being one item). The list really isn't that long and that made me feel worse because I was upset with myself for not being able to handle things like a normal person.

I've also had some stomach issues over the last week and a half.  Last week it was just a little queasy feeling and had some gas pain.  Yesterday, I had some bad stomach cramps for part of the day.  It felt like my actual stomach lining was cramping and I felt hungry and nauseous at the same time.  I had gastritis over 5 years ago and it was the same type of feeling.  I think it's from all the antibiotics I've been taking.  From it irritating my stomach and from the lack of good bugs in my gut.  I have been taking a pro-biotic here and there; I haven't had anymore issues with that so far.  I also took a Nexium yesterday because I remember taking an antacid was one of the things I did when I had gastritis.  I exchanged a few text messages with my PCP today.  She agreed with me that it's probably from the antibiotics and told me to keep taking the Nexium or take some Prilosec.  Today my stomach has been better not 100% but nothing like yesterday.

That's it...a blend of legitimate busy-ness, being in my head and stomach stuff.  Sorry for being such a downer again this week.
I hope everyone had a good holiday week and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment