Thursday, December 12, 2019

Week 7 - damn bladder infection

Week 7 - Post Lemtrada

December 8, 2019


I guess we are getting to the very boring part of this journey.  For myself, there is not too much going on.  In life, things are never dull.  As I mentioned at the end of my last post, my bladder infection was stubborn.  I went to the Doctor's on Monday, they sent off a urine sample for a culture and gave me that crazy antibiotic.  On Wednesday, they called and based on my culture results switch me to a Macrobid.  I was more then happy to get off the crazy antibiotic.  The Macrobid did the job; I am feeling better.

I saw my Dermatologist this week too.  Because of my family history of skin cancer and because I had a melanoma 3 years ago, I will be seeing her every 6 months for a couple of years.  She didn't see anything concerning but I did have a mole that was moderately atypical and it was coming back so they took another biopsy.  She didn't think it looked like anything but wanted to be sure.  After I got home, I realized that I really should have waited until my next appointment in 6 months to have the biopsy.  Especially since she was just taking it as a precaution.  My PA had just suggested I postpone my dental cleaning a couple months instead of opening myself up to possible infection then I go and get a skin biopsy.  Not too smart on my part. 🙄 In 6 months, I'll be better able to heal and fight off infection.  I wasn't happy with myself for not thinking about that.  The biopsy results came back normal so all is good there.

My husband had arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder so that's kept me busy; taking care of him the first couple of days and just helping him out this week.  In a week and a half my son is having surgery.  I'll be playing caregiver again.

My energy level and sleeping has been the same.  Some nights I sleep better than others and some days my energy is a little better than others.  There has been times when I just don't have any motivation to get off the couch but I haven't had any days when it's just impossible to get moving.  I had read that some people do have fatigue that is that bad.

I mentioned in my "First Follow-up" post that I had talked to my PA about seeing a functional medicine doctor about hormone issues.  I have an appointment with one in January.  I am cautiously optimistic.  I've tried so many different things throughout the years that I start to feel like I am throwing darts at a wall.  Most things I've tried have helped a little but I've never found the magic combination.

Saturday is the official 8-week point.  My T & B cells should be starting to repopulate.  I am wondering if I'll feel any different or notice at all.
Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment