Sunday, December 15, 2019

Week 8 - Keep on Truck'in

Week 8 - Post Lemtrada


December 15, 2019


When I started doing the weekly posts, I was typing daily notes to myself about all the things that went on that day.  I've gotten away from that so now when I get to these, I have to think "what happened this week". 🤔 This week was really about keeping myself/things moving forward; helping my husband; taking care of the 'chores' around the house (laundry, grocery pick-up, picking up and dropping off kids, etc, etc, etc); and taking care of Christmas gifts online (I am not going anywhere near a mall or Target). Or into a post office which is unfortunate because I do like to wrap gifts myself and send them to my nephews.

That was the main thing for this week; just getting through all the day to day and holiday stuff that doesn't wait.  Every week, I need to make decisions on what errands I think I can run and be ok and which ones might be a little more risky (interaction with a larger number of people).  I feel like if it's a situation where I can tell if someone is sick and avoid them then I am safer than if I am just in a crowded store where you are walking by a lot of people and don't have time to assess who is sick and who isn't.

I took the last of the Macrobid on Tuesday this week and haven't had any additional bladder or UTI symptoms.  My sleeping and energy level has been the same, day-to-day, not any worse or better overall. I have been staying up a little later than I should some nights so that hasn't helped.  I am due to get my monthly blood and urine test this week.  Yesterday, was officially eight weeks so I may see my T & B cells coming back in these results.

It doesn't feel like it's been two months.  Time actually went by kind of fast.  I think because I thought I would have all this extra time but unfortunately I really haven't.  I was thinking the other day that it's been two months since I've been to a restaurant.  Honestly, it's not even something I miss.  We've gotten carry-out so I don't know if that helps or not.  What I am really looking forward to is not having to think so hard about what I am eating or where I am going.  I hate grocery shopping but it'll be nice when I can just run to the store and not have to think strategically about whether I really need something or if someone can go for me instead or when the least busy time is so I can run in and out.  I am tired of missing out on events like school concerts and local plays that we had tickets for.  Getting back to more normalcy will be nice.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment