Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 19 & 20 - Back into hiding

Week 19  & 20 - Post Lemtrada

March 8, 2020

I've sat down 5 times over the last week to write this blog.  I've been really distracted by the news this last week.  I have been keeping track of the coronavirus (Covid-19) spread.  Last week, I just thought "ok well, I'll just get some extra groceries in case they have to close schools and businesses and if not we have extra groceries". We started taking the extra precautions again like being more conscientious of washing our hands. I made sure the kids had hand sanitizer in their backpacks and I've been wiping things with anti-bacterial wipes more often again.  This week as I am watching the case numbers rise and death total rise among older people and people with preexisting conditions; I am getting worried.  I know the flu kills more people...blah, blah, blah but we also have an anti-viral for it and a vaccine; for this we have nothing.  Plus my husband is traveling domestically and comes into contact with a lot of people through work; the kids are of course coming into contact with people all day at school.   If we were in our normal situation, we would take the normal precautions but I wouldn't worry about it too much.  In general, we are all healthy but this of course is not our normal circumstance. Had I known, right?  We've talked about me getting out of the city to a smaller town. So I would have less exposure to people in general and not have to worry about my husband or kids bringing anything home but then I would also be alone and what would happen if I did get sick?  The place I would go is a two day drive.  We've decided that I am going to stay home and just sleep in the spare room.  We are also going to practice "social distancing".  As long as I am keeping my distance, no one is coughing or sneezing and I continue to be vigilante about washing my hands and wiping down surfaces, I should be fine.  Plus I am going to stick around the house again. Just when I was starting to socialize again. 🤷  

I've been feeling pretty good.  I can tell my energy level is up a little bit.  Not to the point where I am going to start running marathons but I can tell that I am not dragging quiet as much in the morning.  On Tuesday the 3rd, I woke up very groggy and light headed.  After the kids went to school, I went back to bed.  I drifted in and out of sleep for two hours; when I got up I didn't feel any better and thought maybe it's my blood sugar or I am dehydrated.  I ate and did feel a little better but still felt too light headed to feel comfortable driving.  Luckily, I didn't have much I had to do that day.  I kept eating and drinking all day and I felt better the next morning.  I even had a couple pretty good energy days in a row.  I am not sure what happened but the only other thing I can think of is that I've been taking a supplement called Wellness Brain and I had run out.  I hadn't taken it in two days and I got more in the mail that afternoon.  Not sure if it's related but it's the only other thing that had changed.  My finger numbness is pretty much the same and my legs are getting better in the morning.  Some mornings I have to pause and others I don't.  I will take that and my small increase in energy as a small victory.  I see the functional medicine doctor on Thursday.  I will do an update if there is enough to write about, if not I'll do an update on Sunday.

Stay safe out there....and wash your hands! video 😄💃🕺
original PSA with subtitles 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment