Monday, January 20, 2020

Week 13 - Rituxan waiting game

Week 13 - Post Lemtrada

January 19, 2020

Super busy and very up and down (energy-wise) week.  I had days when I barely did the minimum and days that I was ok.  No news on the Rituxan but I did get my new lab results.  I posted them on my pages.  All the results are within expected range.  My B-cells went up more than my T-cells again.  My TSH (thyroid) number dropped but is still within the normal range.  I think my hair is falling out a little more than normal and it maybe due to the lower thyroid number but I'll wait to see what the functional medicine doctor says.  I have a follow-up with her on the 31st.

I did a couple things this week that I had been avoiding.  I actually did my own grocery shopping this week.  I have a 3M mask/respirator for air particulates that I've worn when I had to go into my PCPs office, when I took my husband to the surgical hospital for shoulder surgery and when I had to go into the pharmacy.  I debated wearing it into the grocery store.  It looks silly and people look at you but I decided it was more important to protect myself.  I am not totally defenseless now but I am still below the "normal" low end and the grocery store is filled with old people and young kids during the day. 😳😷 I went to a coffee house to see my daughter's band play.  I hadn't seen them play yet and it was going to be my last chance for the foreseeable future.  I showed up right before they started, stood way in the back and left as soon as they were done but it made me soooo nervous.  They played with two other high school bands so there were ALOT of high school kids there. I brought my mask but didn't put it on because I had enough distance around me.

My symptoms are the same; some numbness in my finger tips, some morning leg stiffness/tremors/bouncing, energy levels are up and down.  I started the progesterone on Monday night, and the brain supplement. I haven't noticed a difference yet except I am breaking out a little bit on my forehead.  I made a face wash switch a couple weeks ago so it could be that too.  That's about it; nothing too exciting.  Another week of moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment