Sunday, January 12, 2020

Week 12 - Sunday fun day

Week 12 - Post Lemtrada

January 12, 2020

I've officially hit the 3-month mark.  I am not sure if that really means anything except I took my last antibiotic today which made me wonder "how much did that protect me and should I be more careful?". ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ณ I spent my fun day watching my husband watching football๐Ÿ˜, taking deep breathes while my son drove ๐Ÿ˜ฑ, and spitting into a test tube ๐Ÿค“ (more on that in a bit).  I didn't hear anything more from the infusion center.  I am hoping that I can do the Rituxan the week of the 20th.  We have some visitors coming into town, we are planning to go out of town for a long weekend and I am registered for a yoga teacher training session at the end of March.  We have a busy stretch coming up.  I haven't been doing anything the last three months; very little anyway.  I thought for sure by the end of January, I would be good to go.  With the Rituxan,  I feel like things are a little up in the air now but we will get through it.

I got out and about a little more this week for several appointments.  I even got a massage! ๐Ÿ˜ The massage therapist knew about my Lemtrada therapy so she recommend just a light massage so I didn't overwhelm my system.  I felt fine that evening but I was really light headed and spacey on Wednesday.  I am not really sure if it's related because I had been a little spacey feeling the previous week but I felt better on Thursday and the rest of the week so it's possible.  Other then the light headed-ness I haven't had any other new symptoms this week.  My legs and fingertips are the same.

My husband and I met with the new functional medicine doctor this week.  The appointment went really well, I think.  We spoke with her for a little over two hours and I had follow-up emails with her on Friday.  She asked about my whole health timeline beginning when I was born/where I grew up to determine any pollutants I may have been exposed to.  I left with a beginning plan; a couple supplements; a progesterone prescription which I hope helps smooth out my cycle; and a few labs.  We did talk about how the steroids affected me and that's why I am spitting into test tubes today.  The test measures your cortisol levels throughout the day.  I am doing some blood work on Monday for hormones and the week after to look at vitamin levels.  Then we will go from there.  I liked the doctor; I felt like she was really listening and asked good follow-up questions.  She also asked to get the reports from my brain MRIs so she could see where my lesions were located to try and determine if they are related to mood/tiredness, etc.  I knew about that cause and effect but no one ever looked and said 'these symptoms are likely tied to this lesions'.  I am still cautiously optimistic.  

Another busy week this week.  The hormone blood draw tomorrow and my 3-month Lemtrada labs on Thursday.  I should have some results by Friday.
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment