Monday, January 18, 2021

One year plus 13 wks - Vaccinated!

1 year & 13 weeks - Post Lemtrada

January 17, 2021

First things, first...HAPPY NEW YEAR! 🥳 We survived 2020.  My kids kept talking about how people were acting like as soon as we got to the new year everything would be better.  I don't exactly feel that way; I was just glad to have a not-so-great (putting it mildly) year in the rear view mirror. 

Second things...I got my first shot of covid vaccine last week.  I am in Texas' group 1B which is people 65 and older and people with health conditions that make them more susceptible to covid complications. 🙋 I actually wasn't sure if I was included in that group but my doctor told me she thought I was.  Group 1A in Texas was health professionals and people living and working in long term care facilities.  Vaccine doses are very limited so I am very lucky I was able to get one.  I was on five waiting lists.  That is the downside of not having a national health infrastructure; the roll out has been a mess.  Some how the federal government isn't even sure what they have.  Promised amounts of vaccine doesn't arrive or arrives in smaller amounts and the States are mostly going with CDC recommendations for priority groups but they all have their own distribution plans.  That leaves people confused with how to sign-up, where to sign-up, etc.  Every pharmacy has their own procedure.  Some have waiting lists, some just want you to keep checking back and they'll put up a scheduler when they have some.  Most don't know when they'll get more.  Texas has a dashboard but I am not even sure how accurate that is.  It says certain pharmacies have vaccines but according to their websites they don't.

I received the Moderna shot; I'll need to get the second one in four weeks.  My arm/shoulder was sore for a few days but I had no other reaction.

My latest blood work is up on my pages.  It's from a week and a half ago.  It's the same as it has been for the last several month.  My TSH is still near zero and my lymphocytes decided they wanted to mess with me after I mentioned I was noticing a bit of a pattern.  They went down a little but are basically the same as the last three months.  I have an appointment with my Neurologist this week.  I am not sure that we have much to talk about on the Lemtrada front but it's been almost a year since I've seen him in person so we'll see if I've had any neurological changes.

The other thing that's been going on is that I've had an increase in hair loss since early December.  My thyroid levels were normal at the time.  We are still trying to figure out the cause.  I did reduce the amount of DHEA supplement; that may help.  The Endocrinologist did lower my thyroid med dose and I have a follow-up with the her in March.

That's what has been going on here.  All other symptoms are the same; numb fingertips and morning spasticity in my legs.

We are heading out of the tunnel.  Please stay safe and protect yourself and others by wearing a mask.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment