Saturday, October 31, 2020

ONE YEAR! plus 2 weeks - Happy Halloween

 1 year, 1 week Post Lemtrada

October 31, 2020

It's official, official - I've made it one year!!! 🥳

With the end of the year barreling towards us and this being such a bizarre year, I am sure that everyone is thinking about what they thought they would be doing right now.  We were already planning out when I would get my second infusion; how we would time it around the holidays.  Wouldn't it be nice if that was our only variable?  I've been making a mental list of all the crazy things that have happened.  The wild fires in Australia; seeing burned and dead koalas broke my heart.  I thought it would be this huge global story and I think it was for a couple days, maybe a week?  I believe I read that up to this point in the US, 2 million more acres have burned this year than last year and there are still 22 fires burning in California.  You actually have to look for that data because it's not even headlines.  Hurricane season in the US has broken a record with the most storms hitting the US since 1916 and the most storms hitting Louisiana since records were kept! This year is tied for most named storms in the Atlantic with Zeta being the last but 2005 had 28 "name-able" storms; I guess NOAA missed one.  We still have a month of Hurricane season to go and there is a disturbance they are watching. The next name would be Eta. This year deserves to be the king of hurricanes; it would be great to have a couple more as long as they just stay out in the ocean and don't cause any damage.  There is craziness in the US political arena but I'll leave that stress and nonsense alone. There's been small outbreaks of mosquito born and water born diseases that happen occasionally in a normal year but this year; you just think "stop. already.".  Meteors are always coming close to the planet but this year they are adding to the pile too.  My only concern is, why does it seem like amateur astronomers keep finding these things? Don't we all have space agencies for that?

Anyway, it seems to be the year that keeps on giving as the world seems to be heading for a second wave in virus cases.  Well, I am not sure the US ever came out of the first one; I think we've just been riding peaks and valleys in the first wave.

On to the health stuff...I did get my flu shot and 2nd pneumonia shot; no issues except for a sore arm. I asked my Neurologist about my lymphocyte/immune system strength question.  He said that I was right, my immune system won't mount much of an attack at this point but that he was happy with the level of my immune system recovery.  I am doing well but not out of the woods.  I was getting a little bit more comfortable with going to stores, at less busy times though.  Now that numbers in Texas and the US are spiking again, I am going to have to rethink things. So far my area is fairly stable.  

I had that Urodynamics test this past week, finally.  It sucked!  Apparently, I have an overactive bladder and I am getting additional ultrasounds this coming week...fun.  All other symptoms are the same; nothing better, nothing worse.

2020 is also the year of new hobbies or getting better at current ones.  I've never been a bird watcher but I've been taking pictures and keeping a list of birds I see in my backyard.  Here's my list:

  • Humingbird (ruby throated and probably, black chinned)
  • BlueJays
  • Northern Cardinals
  • House Finch
  • Carolina Chickadee
  • Carolina Wren
  • Lesser Goldfinch
  • Black-Crested Titmouse
  • White Winged Dove
  •  maybe a House Sparrow but they were moving too fast

I included a couple pictures of a Blue Jay and a Cardinal.

Stay safe out there, for real.




No comments:

Post a Comment