Sunday, November 24, 2019

Week 5 - Quiet, finally!

Week 5 - Post Lemtrada

November 24, 2019

This week for the most part was quiet and boring...finally!!!  I started sleeping through the night toward the end of the week too.  I am still pretty low energy and fatigued but it is such a relief to be sleeping better.  Being low energy and fatigued is actually nothing new for me and I probably wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't had a taste of what it's like to be high energy and in a good mood with the steroids.  

I kept myself entertained this week by reading "Where the Crawdads Sing", good book; I've been cooking quite a bit and I've been researching functional medicine doctors. My daughter's birthday was on Friday (I have a 17-year old now!!! 😱).  We broke with family tradition, had her birthday dinner at home and she picked what we made.  I made a gluten free birthday cake for her.  King Arthur's gluten free yellow cake mix is pretty good.

I got the results of the missing blood tests and they were all within expected range.

Not much to write about.  I didn't have any issues this week; no chills or aches.  The only thing new is that my skin is really dry and flaky which is typical for this time of year when the furnace starts running but it's worse then normal.  It seems like I am shedding a whole layer of skin at once like I am molting. 😳 A couple of weeks ago the same thing happened with my scalp.  It was one big flake. 😝  Like with the inside of my cheek last week, it makes me wonder "are any of the medications making it worse?".  Not that it's really a big deal; just something that's going on.

Well, that's really all I have.  I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment